- This event has passed.
Annual Rock Church Campout
August 13, 2020 @ 12:00 pm - August 16, 2020 @ 12:00 pm
Everyone is invited! Come spend some time together in the Big Horns. The 4H Campground past Owen Creek is open Thursday Aug 13th at noon until Sunday the 16th at noon. Come up for the whole time or any portion you can. To get to the 4H Campground, take Hwy 14 through Dayton up the mountain, staying on 14 past Elk View Inn. Take a right off 14 at the sign for Owen Creek Campground. Stay on the main road driving past Owen Creek and the road will lead you right into the 4H Campground. Please bring your tent or RV. Running water and outhouses are available, as well as electric outlets for RV’s, but all the signs currently say that the water there is not potable so please plan accordingly. Make sure to bring a cooler with food to cover Thursday dinner, as well as breakfasts and lunches for Friday and Saturday. If you do not want to camp, there are other options at Elk View, Bear Lodge or Arrowhead. Please check in with our camp host, Teresa Hutchinson, upon arrival.
If you need gear for camping, please call the church office 673-0939 asap and we will get you covered!
- Thursday/Friday: Arrive, set up your site and fellowship
- Friday evening: BBQ dinner with hamburgers and hotdogs provided by The Rock – please sign up to bring a side dish and dessert
- Saturday evening: Our annual Chili Cook-off in the evening with prizes for the best red and white chili. Please sign up to bring a salad, dessert or cornbread
- Sunday morning breakfast will be provided by The Rock.
- 10 AM Worship Service at the 4H Campground lodge.
If you are planning on coming to any of the main meals, please make sure to rsvp Sunday August 9th or call the church office. Hope to see you on the mountain!